Fri, Feb 5, 2021 One-minute read
Some learning about third party libraries, APIs, and whatnot.
- Never trust third parties. You don’t control them.
- Trust them even less than that.
- Isolate them as much as possible from the code you’ve written. Be prepared to swap them to other alternatives.
- If possible, have some end-to-end tests for the data you’re receiving. Creating fixtures from the data you fetch from time to time looks like the best solution.
- Use your own app daily to be aware quickly when one of them fail.